We all know I am NOT a fan of peanut butter. Well, to qualify again, not “normal” peanut butter. I do have a soft spot for Peanut Butter & Company’s Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter and Jifs new Salted Caramel Hazelnut is pretty amazing as peanut butter type spreads go. You’ll notice I did NOT say it was “to die for”. I believe I’ve mentioned before that that is one of those phrases that makes me want to gouge my eardrums out with a spoon. That one along with “EVOO” and “Sammy”. Damn you for your evil influence, Rachael Ray, damn you. But back on tangent, as much as it possible for me, no “to die for”…. I will only die for medium rare ribeyes and roasted brussel sprouts. I have my standards.
But every once in a while, cause I love you all so much (“I just cain’t quit you” 😛 ), I have to make something peanut buttery for all of you. I realize how peculiar I am with my dislike of PB.Â I realize how peculiar I am for many reasons and that that is but one of many, but lets not go there.
I was actually pleasantly surprised with these. Yes, they have a strong peanut buttery taste so those of you into that will love that aspect, but they are also fudgy/chewy enough and of course, chocolatey enough, that even I enjoyed them. They have a perfect, shiny crackly top crust, which I personally love. I found myself, after cutting off the edges, picking up stray bites here and there. Sooo chewy and yummy. 😀 Oh yeah, just for good measure, I threw in a bag of Heath Chips, so that added yet another level of crunchy, salty/sweet goodness. You can thank me later. 😀
You know the drill… 🙂
Fudgy Brownies With Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten (use a large bowl)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 8 ounces mini peanut butter cups (I used Trader Joes Brand)
- 1 bag (12 ounces) Heath Bar chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 11×7 glass pan (I used a standard Pyrex) or a 13×9 inch pan. If you use the 13×9, be more aware of your cooking time as these will cook quicker.
- Melt your butter in a medium pot over medium high heat. Add the chocolate, stir once, then remove the pot form the heat. Let it sit for five minutes then stir for about 2 minutes to finish melting the chips.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Slowly pour the chocolate mixture over the beaten eggs, whisking the whole time. Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat well.
- Pour in the flour and beat JUST until combined. Fold in the peanut butter cups and heath chips.
- Spoon into the prepared pan. bake at 350 for approximately 40 minutes or until the top is shiny, firm and crackly looking and inserting a skewer in the center shows only a few moist crumbs, not a loose or liquidy batter.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack until thoroughly cool before cutting. You cut them before this and you will get goop. Tasty goop, but goop nonetheless. If you have these room temp, they are creamier and silkier in texture. If you chill them, they take on more of a candylike fudge texture. try it both ways to see which you prefer. 🙂
Copyright Notice: From Cupcakes To Caviar images and original content are copyright protected. Please do not publish these materials anywhere without prior permission.
These look deadly! My fiancÃ© loves all chocolate peanutbutter things, so I’m sure he’d adore this!
Thanks, Ashley! You need to make him some for a treat then! 😀
I love chocolate and peanut butter together but alas, my husband does not. I only bake things like this if company with an American accent comes to visit. I did notice a Reese’s peanut butter cup at a local grocery store the other day. I bought it. 🙂
We’re just the opposite here. My husband loves it; me, nope. But between him and three young males, it gets eaten anyway 😀
Thank you for your sacrifice 😛 I looooove these brownies-so chocolatey and dense and then-yayyy pb cups!!!
You know me, Kayle…. always ready to sacrifice for the greater good. I’m just cool that way. Or something lol
Those DO look fudgy! I understand your peanut butter issue; I hate cream cheese, which is a commonly beloved ingredient, and most folks think I’m nuts. I think we all have a dislike like that! That being said, I’d eat a panful of these babies.
I can’t imagine not liking cream cheese but I can certainly understand the whole disliking what others love idea lol. How bout you give me all your cream cheese life rations and I’ll give you all of my life peanut butter rations? 😛
I only like pb in cookies! And when you throw in toffee, I swoon!!!
Lol, and I only will eat it (can’t use the word like; too strong of a word 😛 ) when it’s NOT baked…just on a PB&J or off of a spoon
I’ll take your share please, these look and sound sensational. I’m quite smitten with those little Trader Joe’s peanut butter cups and toffee bits are on my list of favorites too so I know for sure I would love these!
I’m usually a Reeses girl all the way when I want a peanut butter cup (and yes, I know; strange that I like those but not peanut butter lol), but I have to admit, the Trader Joes ones were pretty darn good!