I have a bone to pick with a few of you. Why you ask? Because if I get fat, it’s your fault. Yep; YOU and YOU and
Even YOU .
All. Your. Fault.
You got me craving bark of some sort… any sort. If I could put the word bark in it, I’ve been craving it. Ok, maybe not tree bark. Or liver bark. Or a bark that’s worse than it’s bite. I don’t want anything that has the word worse in it. I’ll pass on all of those.
So what did I do today? I made two different kinds of bark. Chances are I will not be able to resist them because they are so damn good and I will need to get more fat girl pants.
And it’s your fault.
Aren’t you ashamed?
So, since I know you’re horribly ashamed of yourself, you need to make one or both of these and get fat with me. Then we can go out shopping together for fat girl pants and maybe stop and get some mall food. We all know how healthy THAT is.
Lemon Vanilla Bean Bark
I made this one because I absolutely LOVE anything lemon. My kids will be lucky to get any of this kind.
- 2 bags (11 to 12 ounces) white chocolate chips
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 bag Brachs Lemon Drops, crushed (put them in a ziploc bag and go at them with a meat tenderizer or a hammer)
- 1 tablespoon solid shortening
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract or 1/4 teaspoon lemon oil
- Slice your vanilla bean in half and scrape out the seeds (don’t throw out the bean. Put it in your sugar bowl and in a few days, you’ll have delicious vanilla sugar) and put them in a large bowl with the white chocolate chips.
- Melt the chips and the shortening in the microwave. Use one minute increments, stirring after each one, until the chocolate is melted and liquidy. Don’t over cook it or you’ll end up with a hard lump. Believe me; I’ve done that many times in the past. It’s extremely annoying to put it mildly.
- Working quickly, stir the crushed lemon drops and the lemon extract into the chocolate
- Plop the mixture onto a foil lined, parchment lined or VERY lightly greased baking sheet and spread it out.
- Put in a cold place (I put mine on my front porch) until it is hard. Break it into pieces and eat enough to need fat girl pants. If there is any left, store it in a cool place (front porches work great) in a ziploc type bag.
Rum Raisin Bark
I made THIS one because my favorite candy bar is one I can not find ANYWHERE *sobs*. It is a German one that I got addicted to when I lived in Germany. Many of you probably know of Ritter Sport bars. They can be found at a lot of large grocery stores. The problem is that they don’t seem to ever have the Rum, Trauben, Nuss one and I love it. It is a rum raisin chocolate with nuts. I omitted the nuts because I just wasn’t in the mood but you could probably add about 1/2 cup of chopped hazelnuts to this.
- 1 12 ounce bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 12 ounce bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons solid shortening
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- In a large bowl, melt your chips and shortening in the microwave. Melt at one minute increments, stirring after each minute, until the chocolate is melted.
- Working quickly stir in the raisins and the rum extract.
- Spread on a foil lined, parchment lined or lightly greased baking sheet.
- Put in a cool place to harden then break into pieces.
- Eat a lot. Go get those fat girl pants. Sob. Eat more for comfort and get involved in a vicious cycle that only a woman could do.