You’ve been warned. As a matter of fact, I warned you when I came back to the blog that yes, I would be sharing some lower calorie/lower fat dishes (preferably dessert hehe) but that I would still be…well… ME and would continue sharing the type of goodies that make you have to get your fat girl (or fat boy as the case may be… and while I’m thinking of it, how come it seemed ok to say “fat GIRL” instead of woman but I had to stay an urge to write “fat MAN”? What’s up with that backwards “I must have been born in 1825” sort of thinking?) pants and make you sob uncontrollably when you get on the scale. Why? Because I enjoy torturing you. Heck, who am I kidding. I’M the one who has most of a creamy delicious cheesecake taunting me here. I suppose just burying my face in it and inhaling would be strange huh?
I think we all know by now that I love anything lemon. I don’t care if typically, it’s considered a Summer food and all the cuter, prettier and more popular bloggers *grins* have moved on to all pumpkin/maple/apple/cinnamon/elephant/cranberry/squash/turkey recipes. I’m a rebel! A rebel I say! Or I was just in the mood for lemon. Whatever. But really; I like lemon. Lots. I like These Lemon Crumb Bars , I like This Lemon Curd. A LOT., I like These yummy cookies and I also absolutely LOVE cheesecake as shown here . So give me a chance to combine the two and I’m one happy woman (notice I said woman and not girl :-p ) It uses white chocolate which my friend Bel says isn’t really chocolate at all, but that’s ok; I love her anyway. She loves pumpkin as much as I do so she can’t be ALL bad. White chocolate not being a flavor that shouts itself from the rooftop, it adds more of a creaminess and vanilla flavor to this rather than a pronounced in your face chocolate flavor. But creamy is never a bad thing. I like creamy. And lemon. And white chocolate. So yup, I like this cheesecake. Too much. Please come take it from me before I have to go back to my fat girl pants. Better yet, make it yourself, have no self control, eat far too much and then tell me about it so I can feel better. Misery loves company and all that rot.
This originally comes from Taste Of Home. I didn’t change much at all. I gave it a graham cracker crust cause I was feeling lazy and I added a touch more lemon juice. Otherwise, all Taste Of Home here.
Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened (could use low fat, but I wouldn’t recommend fat free)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 10 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled (please don’t use “white baking chips”. It’s fine in cookies but you really need to use higher quality white chocolate when using it melted)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (could use evaporated milk instead)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- zest from one lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- about 2 cups boiling water to put in oven for steam
- Combine crust ingredients and press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the rest of the filling ingredients except for the eggs. Beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl a couple of times. Don’t add the boiling water please 😛
- Add the eggs, then beat on low speed just until combined. Remember, I’ve said it before, unless specifically instructed, you never want to overbeat a cheesecake batter. It adds air to the mix which can cause those unsightly cracks on top.
- Pour the batter into the crust.
- Put a pan (I just use a cake pan) into the bottom rack of the oven. Carefully pour the boiling water into it.
- Put the cheesecake into the oven, middle rack. Bake at 325 for anywhere from 65 to 85 minutes. Mine took about 80 minutes. The sides should be set but the center of the cheesecake should still be jiggly.
- Cool on a wire rack for about ten minutes, then unlatch the side of the pan and let it cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before cutting and to get good cuts, use a sharp knife dipped in very hot water.
- Serve with whipped cream and lemon peel garnish. Or just bury your face in it and inhale.
You’re a baaaaaad girl. And that’s why I love you.
Yummmmmm!!!! My lemon tree will be ready for pickin’ in November and there are ALOT of lemons on it so I will need a lot of lemony recipes! THANKS
Janet this is wonderful. I love cheesecake, I love lemons, I love chocolate and I love you!
It doesn’t matter what season it is, I love cheesecake and lemon cheesecake and white chocolate anything and what do you mean this isn’t diet food???!!!!
You could live next door to me anytime if you cook like this 🙂
I love your warning in the title haha. This looks great!
Anything can be diet food if you only eat a little bit! But I might not be able to control myself with this one… a lemony cheesecake is just pure love. I’d top it with some lemon curd too 🙂
Nevermind dieting – this cake is absolutely a knock-out! The addition of lemon must be so appealing – brava!
Lemon tree. I’m jealous.
I need to get on that cool bandwagon and start making some elephant!
I think lemon is good all year – and who doesn’t love a good cheesecake!