I know; not one of my better post titles. But darn it, I had to get the Lime part in there somewhere. I couldn’t just title it “Key Lime Cheesecake Shakes” now could I? How boring is that? Well, not the shake. The shake is… to use a phrase I completely hate… to die for.
Am I the only one that completely abhors that phrase btw? Seriously? You’re willing to die for it? If not, why say it? Just sayin’. I’d die for my kids, for my husband, for my God and for a few assorted friends. But a Key Lime Shake? Nahhhh. Ok, maybe. If it was THIS shake! I might also die for Cheetos and Twinkies but we all already know I have issues surrounding those two junk foods. I may die for a good steak or some sushi.
I think I’m gonna shut up now since I just buried all my reasons for disliking the phrase “to die for” Sigh. I need to learn when to be quiet and stick to my proverbial guns.
I will NOT die for liver though! Nope nope nope! Not gonna happen! See? I just proved that To Die For is a stupid phrase!!! Yay me!
Ummm, you’re waiting for a recipe aren’t you? I see you there… tapping your feet on the floor and telling me to shut up.Â Be nice; I have six kids. I deserve patience. Or therapy. I haven’t figured out which. Hey! I had coffee today! I’m hyped on caffeine. Just please… don’t ask me what my excuse is every other day.
Fine, I’ll post the recipe. *shuffles feet, kicks the dirt and pouts
then realizes that if I am kicking dirt sitting at my computer desk, I MAY want to vacuum*
KEY LIME CHEESECAKE SHAKE
- 3 cups good quality vanilla ice cream (half of 1 of those “I used to be half a gallon but am now only 1.5 quarts” containers)
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened & cubed (throw that bad boy in the microwave for 30 seconds even if it’s soft. You don’t want it hitting the ice cream and firming up any before it gets mixed)
- 1/3 cup key lime juice (you can use regular Persian lime juice. this amount makes a nice tart drink. If you want more sweet than tart, cut the juice down to 1/4 cup)
- zest from one small limeÂ plus more for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk or half and half (or you’re really feeling like being bad, use part heavy cream. I won’t tell.)
- 2 tablespoons graham crackers crumbs, plus more for garnish
- 2 shots lime vodka if making for adults (I say even if you don’t want to add the vodka, SAY you did when the kids ask. That makes a perfect excuse not to share 😀 )
- Dump everything in a blender. Blend. Drink. Make more. Drink. Make more. Maybe omit the vodka this batch so you don’t do something stupid like stick your fingers in the blender while it’s on because you want a taste. Not that I’VE ever done anything like that.
- Don’t you just love when I give you these oh so easy but “to die for” recipes? Please… do not die. I take no legal responsibility if you do. But if you plan to, leave me your cookbooks in your will. Thanks. 😛
Wow this shake looks beautiful and so perfect for the summer! Yum!
This shake sounds amazing! I kinda like the title too 🙂
Wonderful!!! Cool, refreshing, summer in a glass! Now you have me thinking if I would “die” for food, and what it would be…
Yum!! That looks so refreshing too, I love it!! I can’t wait to give this a try!
Wow this is TDF!!! Sorry couldn’t help it. Really it’s a good recipe and love the pics.
Hungry; it did end up being a great shake for hot weather. 😉
Lynn, I’m glad you liked the title lol. I was rather disappointed in myself 😛
Erin, you’ll have to get back to me on what your “to die for” foods are 😀
Farmers Wife, I hope you like it as much as my boys did. Please though, no licking the inside of the glass the way they did 😛
Sandra, that’s it… no shake for you now! 😀
Sounds like a terrific shake!! I don’t know if I would die for it, but I would definitely beg for it. 🙂
lol! No begging necessary. Just a grocery list 😀
Oh, after my own heart you are 🙂 Fantastic shake, heavenly even!
Heavenly works for me. If they serve ice cream in Heaven, I’ll be happy. Hehe
Oh yummm! I like the adult option 😉
Hi janet Lovely key lime shake. I love the presentation..it is so elegant and yummy..
Wow, this looks great! Sounds like a delicious summertime treat!
Yum! And I’ll take the adult options please 😀
I thought the title was kind of funny!
Thanks Jen! 😀
Oh wow! This looks amazing….I bet we could make this with rum and strawberries…..just sayin’……
Mmmmm, that sounds good. I have thought of many combos too. Will have to try that one 😀
This looks decadent, but so worth the splurge!!!
Oh it definitely was 😀