And that can take different forms. The best comfort in my life is God and my family. A hug from my kids or my husband can cure many an ill; most of them in fact. Making people laugh also comforts me. I have been a ham all my life and if I can get a laugh, even at my own expense, it makes my day.
Sometimes, even though the “experts” tell us it’s wrong, food and drink can be a comfort. A nice warm soothing drink can make a bad day better.
I wanted to make a drink tonight but didn’t know what I wanted so I played Thomas Edison and went into invention mode. This is what I came up with. It’s sweet and creamy with a potency from the brandy and the schnapps and a subtle orange flavor that blends well with both the butterscotch and the chocolate. In other words, just about perfect for a night time drink 😀
BRANDIED BUTTERSCOTCH CHOCOLATE MILK
The chocolate flavor is mild in this. I didn’t want it to be overpowering. You could always add more chocolate if you want but it will drastically change the balance of flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (I suppose you could use low fat or skim but my feelings will be hurt 😛 )
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 shots brandy (whiskey can be subbed if you don’t have brandy on hand)
- 1 shot butterscotch schnapps
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, whipped with 1 teaspoon sugar (or just use the whipped cream in a can)
- Mix everything together in a large measuring cup or bowl. Microwave on high until hot. Stir well to melt the chocolate.
- Top with whipped cream. Eat with lots of chocolate on the side. 😀
- Makes two servings (maybe)