I just had to write that as part Deux instead of part two. I was typing and suddenly channeled the movie “Hot Shots- Part Deux”. Truthfully, one of the stupidest movies ever made (it DID star Charlie Sheen after all even if it was before he had tiger blood…or was it a jaguar…or maybe just a baboon). But I admit that stupid as it was, it made me laugh in a few parts. The frightened laughter of one who is quickly going insane, but laughter nonetheless.
Part Two…erhmmm, Deux is a Double Cheese/Bacon Muffin. These are lumpy and funny looking and deformed and they taste fantastic. Why do they look funny you ask? Because they are quite possibly more cheese and bacon than they are muffin batter. This isn’t a bad thing. Think about it; do you eat a muffin for that tasty batter or do you eat it for what is IN that tasty batter? Yeah; that’s what I thought. me too. So I made a muffin that was more tasty things than tasty batter. Be ready though; Like I said… these aren’t pretty. But they taste yummy enough that you won’t care. Slather them with butter… trust me on that. Butter…cheese…bacon… need I say more? 😀
Double Cheese And Bacon Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 12 ounces bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce (I use Franks Red Hot Sauce- best hot sauce ever)
- 1 egg, beaten (bad egg, bad egg! Sorry… couldn’t resist)
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings (you heard me… use it gosh darn it 😛 )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 12 muffin cups. Do NOT use liners; this will stick and it will be like trying to peel a piece of hot bubble gum off of paper if you do)
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, green onions and cheeses. Stir well to combine.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk,Â oil, hot sauce and bacon drippings. Stir well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet mixture. Just barely combine them. Fold in the bacon JUST until mixed.
- Spoon into the greased muffin cups and bake at 350 until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Slather with a ton of butter and eat. Then eat another. Then decide, as my son in law did, that while you weren’t sure at the first bite, that these are now your favorite muffin ever.
Oh my god, these look so good!
Thanks Nelly 🙂
Wow-bacon drippings and hot sauce! The bread is just there to hold all the other stuff together. Yes, I want more other stuff (ie goodies) than bread-Yum!
I was thinking of pimping my blog out as a health food blog… what do you think? 😀
I love lumpy and funny looking when filled with bacon and cheese. I am loving this!
Awww, I got all happy when I saw that you liked “lumpy and funny looking”. I thought you had seen my picture and that was a compliment. Then I read the rest of the sentence 😛
I remember Hot Shots Part Deux – you’re so funny! These look delicious – lovin’ the savory muffin. Can’t go wrong with cheese and bacon. Nice work!
Thanks Alida 🙂
I love the Part Deux! ….and I gotta say – those muffins are fan-tab-u-lous! They have all the yummy stuff in them…. Bravo!
Thanks Ann 🙂
BTW – buzzed it!
You’re aweosme Ann <3
Wow! These look wickedly good! I love savory muffins and I think this qualifies!!! : )
Thanks Anne. While I love sweet muffins, I think I prefer the savory ones myself 🙂
Savory muffins are the best! This one I would love for breakfast, looks amazing. Thanks for sharing .
You’re very welcome Nancy 🙂
These look so good! Glad I found you on FoodBuzz!
I’m glad you did too Bella 🙂
wow beautiful pictures. That looks gorgeous and delicious.now i am hungry T.T i will try out the recipe^^
The button on my jeans just busted off – just thinking about how many of these muffins I could eat. Seriously- DANGEROUSLY delish!
I am sooooo not buying you new jeans Lindsey 😛
OK, I will just have to start the diet tomorrow! These look so amazing……
I should’ve taken my high cholesterol meds before reading this and looking at the pictures.
Go take your meds please. I would feel bad if something happened 😀
You’re right. Those muffins do look pretty funky, but I best they taste amazing! I have a feeling my husband would really like me to make these for him before his Saturday morning golf outing. The problem is, I would probably eat the rest of ’em while he’s gone!
That’ll teach me for using heart shaped silicone muffin cups huh? 😛
Yes please! Send ’em over!!!
I’ll get some in the mail 😛
Wow, love savory muffins. Nice job!
Me too Susie. They go so well with meals when they aren’t sweet 🙂
Oh these look great.
But because I am a little crazy I am thinking of taking a little scoop out of the top and breaking in a quail egg and butting them back in the oven for a few minutes.
Mike, that actually sounds pretty darn interesting. I knew I liked you for a reason 😀
Saving this right now!! This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try them.